Sunday, July 20, 2008

Goodbye Cilantro, Hello Coriander... (plus custom flipcats)

coriander
I'm not sure when and how I learned that cilantro and coriander are the same thing... well, from the same plant anyway. So all the green cilantro dried up and I attempted to harvest the seeds. I think it's pretty straightforward, I got them off the stems and sorted and washed them. I tried some crushed with mortar and pestle and mixed in with rice and they were quite nice.

coriander

In other news, I completed two custom flip cats for an etsy customer.
Patches said she doesn't mind. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all.

custom catscustom cats

I have some other post topics at the ready, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

lofipi said...

You should totally be taking part in Miss Stacey's Summer School projects, R. You've already done the collage/photomontage project right there (last pic). ;)

http://missstaceyssummerschool.blogspot.com

I'll email you a little more.

PS: Love those flip cats!