Monday, February 18, 2008

Presidents & Pill Boxes

stamps

The other week I spent quite a while sorting through a shoebox and basket full of stamps.  I bought 70 stamps for 5 cents each.  Despite my moratorium on shopping, I allowed this purchase because they don't take up a lot of space... and also I had specific plans for them.

helvetia

In the piles were some stamps from Helvetia, and while watching Helvetica, the movie I found out that is Switzerland.

So, I used 4 of these stamps and decorated two sets of "pill boxes" (these are the kind I make from empty tape roll "cylinders").  Set one is Abraham Lincoln & Lady Liberty:
Lincoln, Liberty

Set two is George Washington and Thomas Jefferson:
Wash & Jeff

Both are in my Shoppe for President's day. 

Stay tuned for upcoming news from the flip book factory...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet!!! I never did much of stamp collecting on my own, but it's quite up my alley. I do have a box of stamps in bad condition that's passed on to me from some aunt- some are interesting, but there's like a 100 identical stamps from '70-es with Drug Tito in different colours. Maybe I can send you some, if I have your address... I think I might, not sure...