Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Get Ready for Upcoming Fun

This Sunday April 20th is Spring Bada-Bing, put on by the Richmond Craft Mafia. I won't be an official vendor with my own table, but I will be there as part of REST (Richmond Etsy Street Team).



Then.... on Saturday, April 26th from Noon through 4, Chop Suey Books will host the annual Spring Bizarre Market.



Richmond's most eclectic arts & crafts & oddities sale.
The Bizarre Market fills up Randolph Street with an
average of 25-40 vendors who sell everything from
paintings, knit clothing, retro clothing, prints, jewelry,
photographs, haircuts, new shoes, bottles of water,
and household goods. This particular market will focus
on all of these items, but we are encouraging all Spring
Cleaners to bring out yard sale and household products.

It is always free for vendors to set up, and we welcome
anyone with legal items to sell. We do ask that each vendor
donates 10% of the day's sales to our selected non-profit,
Books On Wheels. In return, BOW will be present with
the bus, fixing bikes and giving away books.


I'm not 100% sure that I'll be doing Bizarre Market, (because I still might go out of town). But I probably will do it.

Right now I am working on many little odds and ends, including Lookability goody bags for the Spring Bada-Bing.

I got a great envelope template maker from digging around on the internet. Luckily I learned how to "score" to get the folds to work.

I'm making some new flip cat goods...


Mini Pouches


More cats

Also, I was lucky to be featured in today's Etsy Finds - Print Plush email. There are many cool etsy mailing lists to subscribe to.

I'm kind of embarrassed IF my dolls are too inexpensive (now that I see the other Print Plushies), but these are similar to the ones that didn't sell in person for $8 the one time I tried. Pricing is so tricky! I need a pricing support group. Or I guess I need to do some "market research" and see how cat dolls are faring in the economy.

Oh, I almost forgot, I got a really great cat-related thing at the thrift store (yeah, breaking my shopping rules). I'll put that up next time.

No comments: